Preparing for Next Year’s Customers Today
The time to prepare for next year’s marketing campaigns is now. As we look forward to the New Year, smart marketers are getting their ducks in a row. Here is a short checklist to help you get started:
- Wrap up your important, but not urgent projects. Finish a white paper, update your website copy, or implement a new customer relationship management tool. Clean the slate so you can start next year with gusto.
- Strategize. Read a book or attend a conference. Research what your competitors are doing (and not doing) so you can position your messages more favorably. Make a plan.
- Refine your approach. Test a pricing discount, a free consultation, or a value-added service in advance of a full rollout. Experiment with a different paper, ink, or finishing technique. A/B testing is your friend!
- Play to your strengths. In an election year, there can be a lot of economic uncertainty. People won’t stop buying, but they may be more selective. Clearly state why you offer the most relevant product at the greatest value for their family, their lifestyle, and their needs. Promote value, but also relevance to them as an individual or a family.
- Stay ahead of the channel curve. Understand all of the marketing channels your customers are using, including social and mobile media, and how they are using them. But don’t neglect print! There is a lot of digital clutter out there. When your customers open the mailbox, that well-crafted direct mail piece will always stand out.
Consult with our experts today to review and update your marketing plan for the upcoming year.